We are continuing our series where we will dig into the hottest areas to build across four of the states we build in: Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Michigan. Now, we are delving into Western Pennsylvania!
When it comes to Western Pennsylvania, the options for your next home are broad and varied. It’s a large geographic area with distinct pockets, with Pittsburgh acting as the region’s main metropolitan hub. That said, there are many other areas in Western Pennsylvania that may fit your family better, and today we’re taking a look at them.
Within Pittsburgh, our sales manager tells us that the North Hills is a very hot area to build right now. This area covers all of Westmoreland county, all the way up to Beaver county.
These are some hot spots in Western Pennsylvania you should look into:
- North Huntingdon–A family-oriented community with a small-town feel.
- Greensburg–The county seat of Westmoreland
- Murrysville–Located 20 miles east of Pittsburgh
- Rostraver – One of Pennsylvania’s most scenic and fastest growing townships
- Bethel Park–One of the best places to live in Pennsylvania with many restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
- Jefferson Hills–Very safe, and education is beyond great since there are numerous high-quality schools.
- Plum Township–A great area to raise a family, this suburb of Pittsburgh boasts myriads of streams and creeks, one of them being Plum Creek, after which the borough got its name.
- Franklin Park–This growing community is located northwest of Pittsburgh in the North Hills area of Allegheny County. The municipalities of Marshall, Pine, McCandless, Ross, Ohio, Sewickley Hills and Bell Acres in Allegheny County, and Economy in Beaver County, surround it. It’s got good schools, a well-educated workforce, and easy access to major highways.
- Mount Lebanon Township–This moderately sized community of about 33,000 boasts miles of sidewalk-lined streets framed by municipally-provided trees, endless opportunities for fun and exercise, and nationally-ranked schools your kids will love. Opportunities for outdoor recreation are plentiful, too, as are the town’s regular events and community-building opportunities.
- O’Hara Township–This quaint community is nestled in the stunning hills and valleys along the Allegheny River, while also being just six miles northeast of Pittsburgh’s Golden Triangle. That makes it an ideal spot for those families who are looking for a quiet community in which to live but with easy access to a more metropolitan area.
- Marshall Township–Like O’Hara Township, Marshall Township takes a lot of pride in it’s more rural roots, while also boasting just a short 20-minute drive to the cultural and business centers of Pittsburgh. It’s only 14 square miles in size, and is at the northwest corner of Allegheny county. It’s roots date back to the mid-1800s, and it boasts successful, schools with small class sizes.
- McMurray–Offering lot of coffee shops and parks and a hometown feel, McMurray is a great place to live. The public schools in McMurray are highly rated.
- Thompsonville–If you’re looking for a slice of the country without being too far from the big city, Thompsonville has it.
- Butler–Named by Smithsonian Magazine in the top ten best small towns in America; Butler, PA, is home to 14,000 residents. For more than 200 years, Butler has been home to industry, family owned businesses and marking its place in history.
- Cranberry Township–Cranberry Township is an ideal place to call home, to run a business, or just to hang out. With easy access to everything, it’s a family-oriented community with a forward-thinking outlook and a positive energy that’s reflected in its people, shops, green spaces and businesses.
If finding the top schools in any given area is your biggest priority, check out this resource on the best school districts in Western Pennsylvania. Our experts are on hand to answer any questions you may have about these up-and-coming communities — or any others you’re interested in!
Got an area you’re thinking of building in? Give us a call! We can’t wait to hear about it. We can even walk your lot with you to be sure it’s a good one to build on.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer over 50 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.
The details of this blog are accurate as of the publish date, but are subject to change.