Our What to Expect video series gives you insights into our homeowner-centric building process. From dig day to closing, the Wayne Homes team is with you every step of the way. Our warranty continues the close customer relationship that Wayne Homes is known for. Every new home we build actually includes two warranties: a two-year Fit and Finish Warranty and a 10-Year Structural Warranty.
Lee Roberts, our Warranty Manager, walks you through the warranty process in an informative video. Here are the details on what’s covered by each of our two warranties.
Fit and Finish Warranty – 2 Years
Think of this as your “bumper-to-bumper” warranty, the one that guarantees every aspect of your home for two years.* Other homebuilders’ fit-and-finish warranties last only one year. But, we decided to extend this to a full two years. This gives you peace of mind that we stand behind your new home. Because most problems, if you have any, will show up within two years. We really have that much faith in our craftsmanship.
Structural Warranty – 10 Years
The structural warranty covers the bones of the house, such as the foundation and framing. While the Fit and Finish Warranty covers just about everything for two years — the Structural Warranty covers only the skeleton for eight years beyond that. Here are a few examples to clarify what we mean by “structural”:
- Bowed walls would be covered.
- Peeling drywall tape would not.
- Roof leaks caused by trusses or framing would be covered. Roof leaks caused by shingles or sheathing would not.
- Foundation cracks 3/16″ and larger would be covered. Smaller cracks are normal for concrete and aren’t covered.
- Foundation leaks would be covered, first by our two-year Fit and Finish warranty then by the waterproofing manufacturer’s 30-year warranty. Plumbing and electrical would not.
- Flooring, siding and HVAC equipment would not be covered by our Structural Warranty but might be covered by the manufacturer.
If and when a problem arises with your Wayne Home and you need to submit a claim, or if you just have a question about a specific issue, the solution is a call or click away. Filing your claim is as simple as calling Wayne Homes Customer Care at 800-576-3486 or completing our online warranty service request form.
As Lee says, Wayne Homes’ two-year Fit and Finish and 10-year Structural Warranties are more than a peace of mind. They are proof that our relationship doesn’t end when you move in.
Our Customer Care Department is here to make it right…whatever it is. So, contact us with any concerns, and we’ll always be there to take care of you.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer 50 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.