Your new home from Wayne Homes looks absolutely stunning. Picture perfect in fact—and we know you want it to stay that way. In order to keep everything looking its best, routine cleanings are a must. From washing the walls to scrubbing floors, elbow grease and a few tricks of the trade should keep your home in tiptop shape. Lucky you. We have some great tips for making your home look like it did the day you moved in.
Make Your Kitchen Sparkle
Your kitchen is undoubtedly one of the most used rooms in your home, but keeping it in like new condition isn’t impossible:
- Stainless steel appliances need some TLC. A little bit of baby or olive oil will remove smudges and regular applications of either will keep them looking their best.
- Wipe up spills as they happen. Don’t give sauces, spices, condiments and other food items the opportunity to stain your countertops, appliances or flooring.
- Before you start cooking, fill your sink with hot, soapy water and let the dishes soak while you and your family enjoy dinner together.
Organize Your Bedroom
Even though guests rarely have a reason to go in the bedrooms, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go the extra mile to keep them looking like new:
- Closet organizers are a great way to keep your clothing, accessories, shoes and belongings in order. Of course they are only effective when they are used.
- Get in the habit of making your bed as soon as you wake up.
- Reduce clutter on your nightstand by limiting what you put on it e.g. an alarm clock, lamp, jewelry dish and maybe even your e-reader.
Straighten Up Common Living Areas
High traffic areas in your home will need some extra care. Here are a few ways you can keep your living room, bathrooms and even your hallways in near-mint condition:
- Get in the habit of cleaning up immediately after pets. A vacuum with a HEPA filter will help keep your floors free from dander, hair and odors.
- Rid your carpets of furniture dents by rubbing a damp cloth on the spot then blow dry it to get it to stand back up. Be careful not to use too much heat.
- Strategically place a few dusting cloths in each room so you can give a quick once-over when you start to see dust settling.
- Speaking of dust, don’t neglect dusting your fans every month or two.
- Remember to blot, not rub spilled liquids into carpet. Of course, if your custom home has Mohawk SmartStrand Forever clean carpets, stains will be a thing of the past.
Wash Your Windows, Window Treatments and Walls
Many homeowners are often so focused on the minutiae—like cleaning nooks and crannies—that they overlook the big surfaces. Focus your efforts on battling dust, grime and stains on windows and walls by engaging in the following:
- Wash your walls at least once a year.
- Curtains and valances are often forgotten about when it comes to cleaning. Make an effort to wash your curtains at least once or twice a year.
- We’re not talking about removing smudges using glass cleaner. You should wash the windows of your home both inside and out annually.
From the ceiling to the foundation, every square inch of your new Wayne Homes is built by master craftsmen using only high-grade materials. And while we understand the value of keeping up appearances, there’s even more to love about your new home. After all, an exceptional home deserves an exceptional home warranty. Even though we’re confident in the homes we build, our customers know that if they ever need anything, all they need to do is fill out our warranty request form and we’ll make it right. To learn more about how you can own a beautiful custom home, stop by one of our Model Home Centers.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 40 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.