The only way to make it more comforting is peace of mind that you have properly maintained your fireplace to make it as safe as possible. Here are some tips to follow before lighting your first fire:
Wood Fireplace Maintenance
- Clean buildup from flue
- Clean glass
- Inspect damper
Gas Fireplace Maintenance
- Get your annual inspection and cleaning
- Move flammable materials from anywhere near the fireplace
Our fireplace provider, Heatilator, has some additional tips for fireplace safety:
- Keep the fireplace clear from clothing, furniture, draperies and other combustibles.
- Be sure your safety screen is securely in place.
- Fireplaces can stay hot for a while after being turned off, so be sure to keep kids away from fireplaces before and after use.
If safety is first, then style comes in a very close second.
Here are some fun tips on how to decorate your fireplace for the holidays from Wayne homeowners on Instagram:
- Keep it simple: Ashley Allen has the right idea by adding muted tones and natural elements to her barn beam mantel.
- Black and white and everything nice: Our_whitecottage_life makes a crisp impression with black-and-white striped stockings hung from her shiplap fireplace.
- Garland and lights, a holiday delight: A natural garland and some lights are all it takes to make Mariah Densmore’s mantel shine.
We hope you snuggle up safely this holiday season, and be sure to tag us on social media, so we can see your holiday mantels as well!
Have you been dreaming of a new home with a cozy fireplace? We’d love to discuss your vision! Contact us, and we can start a plan for your new home.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer over 50 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.