The weather is starting to heat up, and we are ready to be outside enjoying that sunshine.
Travel has been put on hold for so many of us due to the global pandemic that having a backyard retreat has become more important than ever. You can get those staycation vibes right at home with these tips for creating your perfect patio retreat.
Be sure to check out our Flickr album for more visual inspiration!
Here are some of the most popular ways to create your own patio retreat when building your new home with Wayne:
- Four Season Outdoor Space: Build a covered concrete patio when you build your Wayne home, so you can enjoy all four seasons outside (with the help of a fire pit in the winter, of course). When you are planning your Wayne home, discuss outdoor options. We can even build a cathedral ceiling on your back porch to give you even more vacation vibes.
- Easy Care: Wayne Homes offers Trex composite decking, which makes deck maintenance a breeze. Ask us to see all the options and colors available to you. Our beautiful Hampton II Farmhouse model home features Trex decking in black.
- Warm It Up: Make your outdoor patio space four-season friendly with an outdoor fireplace or fire pit. You’ll find this great outdoor addition will create countless memories. Think s’mores by the fire and hot cocoa with friends.
- Cool It Down: Wayne Homes offers Kichler outdoor fans which not only keep your patio cool but also look amazing.
Here are some tips you can use now with your existing home or in your future Wayne home:
- Use decorative fencing, plants, and hedges to create your own private patio retreat. Not only will you love the look of flowering blooms surrounding you, but you’ll enjoy seclusion and privacy from your neighbors.
- Play with shapes to create visual interest and distinct zones. Different geometric shapes and patterns for your patio flooring can go a long way in creating a space that is unique, interesting, and has specific zones for specific activities — a breakfast nook, a grilling station, and so on.
- Use one primary style. Like inside the walls of your home, having a clear style vision brings the entire look and feel of a patio space together. Your patio is no exception. Whether you like modern, traditional, ornate, or simple, choose a look and feel and stick to it.
- Create comfort. A soft outdoor rug invites you to kick off your shoes and put your feet up. A hot tub is a relaxing evening respite. Well-cushioned outdoor furniture is ideal for taking a midday siesta. Don’t neglect comfort for style!
- Make it easy. Lots of steps, different levels, and narrow walkways might look neat, but they make your patio space less accessible. This is especially a consideration if you have elderly friends or family, who may not want to risk a fall on the flagstone.
- Add in flair for a personal touch. Your home is a reflection of your personal style, and your patio should be too. An interesting fence or gate element adds artistic expression, lawn decor and outdoor art add personality. Keep your choices limited so as not to create overwhelming clutter.
- Drown-out distractions. If you can hear neighborhood or road noise from your patio, create a distraction by installing a fountain. Its soothing bubbles will help you ignore any noises coming in from the street or neighborhood.
You don’t need to actually getaway to experience a “getaway” in your own home. Use these tips to create a welcoming patio space that provides a much-needed break from the hustle of life!
Would you like to learn more about outdoor living options with Wayne Homes? Drop us a line–we’re looking forward to chatting with you!
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 50 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.