Perfect Party Spaces for Football Season
While the weather may still be warm, the calendar has been turned to September and anyone who’s a football fan knows what that means! Football season is here, as is the time for game day parties.
Do you have a great space for hosting football parties? Have you been dreaming of a space to have your friends over to entertain? We’ve got the tips and inspiration you need when planning your rec room.
We know there are some simple requirements for a comfortable space to entertain on game day: lots of seating, a place to set up your food spread, and–of course–a TV!
Here are some of our top tips for creating a fantastic game-day space:
To start, you need to create a comfortable viewing space. Above all else, your friends and family will want to be comfortable when they join you at your home for a game day party.
Other must-haves include:
- Wide open spaces
- A large open space where folks can spread out and mingle, forming their own small or medium sized groups to chat about the latest game stats or player injuries. Making friends—and friendly bets—is half the fun!
- Lots of seating options!
- No one wants to stand for three hours, balancing their game day snacks on their arm. A comfortable viewing space includes lots of options for seating, like couches, chairs, and floor cushions, all of which should have at least a decent view of the main event.
- A TV that everyone can see.
- Speaking of the main event, your space should also provide a medium to large sized television that’s mounted for the perfect vantage point. Consider a location that will offer the most people the best view.
- Surface areas for drinks and food.
- As mentioned, no one likes balancing their drinks and food in their hands for hours on end. Your space should offer coffee tables, side tables, shelves, and perhaps a bar surface area for placing such items.
- Easy access to a restroom nearby
- Your guests probably don’t want to wander around your house, traipsing from room to room in search of the nearest toilet. So when you’re designing your game day space, consider including a half bath powder room in your plans.
Look and feel also goes into what makes a space comfortable.
We offer beautiful Aristokraft cabinets for creating the perfect bar area or entertainment center. You can even add in a custom wine rack or beer fridge!
Finally, up the game day spirit by incorporating color and décor into your design.
Consider painting a wall of your space your team’s colors, and don’t be shy with the wall art or decorative pillows and throws. It’s your space; show all the team pride you want!
For even more inspiration, take a peek at a few of our models with amazing finished basements that will satisfy any and all football fans.
For our Pro Football fans, take a look at the Steelers inspired basement at the Pittsburgh Franklin Legacy. For all our Buckeye fans out there, you will love the touches we’ve added to the Newark Montgomery Craftsman and the Ashland Charleston II model homes. The Akron-Medina Richmond II model home’s basement is the perfect blend of high design and team spirit. And last but not least, the Bowling Green Covington comes complete with everything you’d want for a football season space: a pool table, a card table, a separate area for watching TV, and a fabulous waterfall-style bar.
Many Wayne homeowners have created spaces in their homes that are ideal for football parties, and we are excited to share some inspiring examples of these.
Check out all of our inspiring basements, from our newly finished, unfurnished homeowner spaces to fully designed model home spaces.
Can’t wait to start building your future game day party room? We can’t either! Give us a call today to start chatting about your dream space.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 50 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.