There’s nothing better than cozying up to a roaring fire in your home during the winter. Snow is falling, the wind is howling, but you’re snug and warm inside your beautiful home. Homeowners love having fireplaces, so if you don’t have one in your current home, you may have it on your wish list for your next home. Here are some great ideas for planning your dream fireplace.
- Fireplaces are gorgeous and most common in the great room. As the perfect anchor to your space, the fireplace is usually placed in the center of the room with windows on either side.
- Another popular room for a fireplace is in the master suite. When you design a grand bedroom/luxury bathroom combo, a fireplace is a perfect addition to make your master suite a true retreat.
- A kitchen is a great place for a fire as well. As we are seeing more and more kitchens that are rustic and full of old-world character, a fireplace makes more sense than ever. Not only does it add to your kitchen’s charm, but it also lends warmth and coziness. One of our homeowners put a fireplace in their lakehouse kitchen, and it really makes the space.
- Finally, the den is a cozy spot for a fireplace. While the great room’s fireplace can be larger in scale for a dramatic statement, the den’s fireplace can be smaller and rustic…like your own little cabin in the woods.
- By far, the most popular fireplace design at Wayne Homes is the two-story stone face fireplace with a barn beam mantel. It has that modern farmhouse charm with enduring style.
- To take the farmhouse trend to the next level, many homeowners are choosing to do a shiplap treatment extending up to the ceiling from the fireplace, as seen in our Columbia Farmhouse model home. This really makes a statement and draws the eye up, creating a spacious look with grand appeal.
- A classic look that homeowners continue to love is a granite face with a painted surround and mantel. This is the look you probably think of when you think about fireplaces. It’s a more traditional look, but one that will surely stand the test of time.
- While we all may think of a traditional wood-burning fire when we think of fireplaces, the newest electric fireplaces–as seen in the Model Center at our Delaware location–are great for a more low-maintenance option. Many homeowners put these in their master suites to add to the ambiance of the room. Today’s electric fireplaces allow for different colors of “stones” and log placements, so it can look as realistic as possible while eliminating smoke and the need to get firewood. No matter what your style is, an electric fireplace is a great solution for modern homeowners.
Get inspired to create the fireplace of your dreams by browsing our fireplace gallery.
Already know what you want? Get in touch! We are ready to build the fireplace–and home–you’ve always wanted.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer over 50 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.