You can see it clearly: your dream home. You’ve planned every detail of your kitchen, mentally placed every piece of furniture, and envisioned years of family celebrations and future memories. Now it’s time to find the perfect location. So how can you feel confident that the home site that you’ve selected won’t turn your dream home into a nightmare?
We can help.
Whether you are buying land in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, or in any of the areas where we build, we offer a Complimentary Home Site Evaluation before you invest in a piece of land for your custom home.
How can a Complimentary Home Site Evaluation save you money? It’s a service that we offer completely free of charge (zip, zilch, nada). Simply visit one of our Model Centers, select a home, and a member of our construction team can then visit your lot to determine if the Wayne Homes floor plan that you’ve selected is a good fit. The Wayne Homes Complimentary Home Site Evaluation can save you thousands of dollars by helping to identify potential problems and additional costs associated with a piece of land. This means that you can make an informed buying decision that brings peace of mind during the construction process (and for many years to come).
Here are a few items that your friendly, helpful Wayne Homes construction team member can review with you during your Complimentary Home Site Evaluation:
Rural Land Checklist
- Is there septic approval? If so, what kind of system is required?
- What is the average depth of wells in the area? (Our list of well-drilling companies keeps records of well depths.
- What it the contour of the property? (This will determine if additional fill or gravel is necessary).
- Are there any buried field tiles, which require re-routing? (These are often found in old farm fields).
- Does the land hold water after a rain (This means additional drainage maybe necessary).
- Are there trees or brush to clear?
- Where is the nearest power pole?
- Is a driveway culvert pip needed?
- As a rule of thumb, garages should be on the highest point of the property.
- Are property pins surveyed and visible?
Rural Lot Estimates
A member of the Wayne Homes construction team can assess your property and advise of additional costs that may be required, helping you to determine if the all-in costs for your land are within your budget. Here are a few possible costs when purchasing rural land:
- Standard septic costs: $8,000 – $25,000 (price is determined after approval and type)
- Well, pumps, wiring and trenching (based on 100 ft depth: $5,000
- Rough driveway: $17 per lineal foot, plus $400 for construction access drive
- Additional expenses for poor soil conditions, low-lying land, and tree removal)
- Additional expense for top-dress of gravel to smooth it out
Let us up help you find a location that will provide the perfect place for your family memories. Schedule a Complimentary Home Site Evaluation today. Simply Ask Julie via Live Chat or call (866) 253-6807.
Already have a piece of land? No problem! A Wayne Homes representative can meet with you on your lot to discuss floor plan selection, placement, outdoor areas, and much more. All completely free.
Wayne Homes is a custom home builder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see Model Center Locations). We offer 40 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.