Which Lexington Floor Plan Is Right for You?
If easy living and smart design are priorities for your new home, then the Lexington III and Lexington IV are great floor plan options to consider.
Wayne Homes has two variations of the Lexington floor plan – the Lexington III and the Lexington IV.
The primary difference is the location of the garage. With the Lexington III, the garage is located on the main floor of the home. With the Lexington IV, the garage is integrated into the basement of the home and becomes side-loading.
So, how do you know which version of the Lexington is best for you?
When building on a property that has a significant slope and is wide enough to accommodate a side-loading garage, the layout of the Lexington IV likely works best. When building on property that is pretty flat and/or more narrow, the layout of the Lexington III is typically the best option.
Both versions of the Lexington floor plan offer:
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1,899 square feet
- Double the living space – with both a living room on the main floor and a family room on the lower level, there is plenty of space for the family to spread out
- Bedrooms separate from living rooms – all of the bedrooms are conveniently located together on the second floor to offer privacy from the main living spaces in the home
- Convenient ensuite owner bathroom, which creates the perfect oasis
- Spacious utility room for laundry, as well as additional storage
- A lot of “bang for your buck” with an efficiently planned layout perfect for families
- Available exteriors of this home: Craftsman, Tradition, Family, and Classic
- Features an unfinished basement space below the living/dining/kitchen for additional storage.
- Depending on the slope of the homeowner’s lot, a walkout could be added at the utility room.
- By adding an exterior door, you can create the perfect area to drop off muddy boots and clothes before going into the rest of the house.
- Available exteriors of this home: Craftsman, Homestead, Tradition, and Classic
- The lower level utility room is just inside the entrance from the garage, which creates an ideal opportunity for a mud room which can serve as a drop zone, as well as an area to shed those extra layers or muddy boots/clothes before going into the rest of the home.
- The spacious unfinished utility room is the perfect area to keep everything organized – it’s so large that it’s the perfect area to do laundry but also to tuck away seasonal decorations, organize coats/shoes, and keep tools and/or outdoor toys so that you can save space in the garage.
Our Pittsburgh office features the Lexington III model home with a front-loading garage on the main floor.
Updates were recently made to the Lexington III Model, giving it a modern refresh. These updates include:
- A custom exterior that combines features from the Family and Tradition exterior options
- Covered concrete front porch with 8″ PVC porch posts which is a feature of the Family exterior option
- White vinyl rail and spindle has been added at the porch
- Raised panel shutters at the front windows, which is a feature of the Family exterior option
- Shutters on the model are now black
- Split gable on the front of the bedroom side of the home which is a feature of the Tradition exterior option
- Flooring has been updated throughout the main living areas of the home
- Foyer, Kitchen, Dining Room, and Great Room now feature included level luxury vinyl flooring in the color Caramel
- Interior wall paint has been updated to Sherwin Williams Duration
- Foyer, Kitchen, Dining Room, Great Room, Family Room, Laundry/Craft Room, Main Bathroom, Hallway, and Stairs now feature Sherwin Williams Drift of Mist
- Bed 2 (boys room) now features Sherwin Williams Mineral Deposit
- Bed 3 (girls room) now features Sherwin Williams Faint Coral
- Interior trim paint throughout the home is Sherwin Williams Extra White
- Sloped wood-capped half wall at the stairs has been painted Sherwin Williams Extra White to match the interior trim
- Kitchen cabinetry is Benton style stained Umber
- Kitchen sink is the included stainless steel double bowl drop in sink with the included stainless steel faucet
- Bathroom sink faucets are Avalon 2-handle in satin nickel
- Both bathrooms feature included Mason satin nickel bath accessories
- Interior doors throughout the model are the Smooth Colonist style with included Cove style satin nickel interior door hardware
- Front door is the included 6-panel style with matching sidelite
- Front door features the Kwikset Katella Lever Set in satin nickel
- Updated lighting
- (4) can lights in the kitchen
- Included satin nickel light fixtures above the main bath and owner bath vanities
- Craft room pendant light is from the included Erma collection in satin nickel
The model home showcases a crafting room, which is an option in our Interactive Floor Plan for the Lexington III, in the utility room.
This really shows off how spacious the utility room is and all of the possibilities available in this space. A cathedral ceiling can be added over the living room/dining room/kitchen to make the space feel even more spacious. While these are a few of the customizations shown in the model home, both of these floor plans can be completely customized to fit your specific wants and needs.
Whether you think the Lexington III or IV is the right floor plan for you, we have the online tools you need to get started designing your ideal home.
Lexington III Online Tools:
Lexington IV Online Tools:
Do you have questions about the Lexington floor plan? Ask away!
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 50 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.