If you know Wayne, you know that customization is at the heart of what we do. Unlike other builders, we don’t do “cookie cutter.” We provide a ton of floorplan options to provide a blueprint for what will fit you and your family best, but within those floorplans, there’s seemingly endless opportunities for customization, from counters to flooring to fixtures and even extra rooms and add-ons!
Another way we work with our customers on customization goes beyond the interior of the home. Elevation is the industry term we use to refer to the outer facade of a home. All of our homes come in various elevations, each one with it’s own distinct flair and flavor. Love the Craftsman style? We have an elevation for that. A bit fan of a more traditional look? Got that one too!
Sometimes customers want even more opportunities and avenues for customizing the exterior look of their home. That’s why we offer lots of choices designed to help you create the exact look you’re going for.
Some of the most commonly seen customizations include:
- Stone wainscotting: This custom stone wrap around the home’s exterior adds a grounded, powerful look to any elevation.
- Shake siding: Love the look of traditional cedar shingles but hate the cost? We totally get it, which is why we offer the option to install shake siding instead of tradition cedar shake siding.
- Gables and reverse gables: Gables are popular because they create a roof that allows snow, water, and debris to simply slide off without obstruction. Reverse gables are great for creating more opportunities for window placements, and are a lovely decorative touch.
- Craftsman-style columns: Looking to add some pizzazz and gravitas without making a huge change? Columns create a stately look, easily.
We pulled together a Flickr album highlighting some customization options for your home’s elevation: here is some inspiration to get you started!
- Montgomery Craftsman – For this home, we added white horizontal and vertical siding to create a farmhouse feel.
- Kinston Classic Custom – Here we added black windows, stone, and shake siding to make this house even more perfect for our customer.
- Litchfield Custom – Notice the cross between the tradition elevation and craftsman styles, which we created by pairing stone, shake siding, and columns together.
- Winchester Craftsman – This home has natural wood columns instead of craftsman columns for a unique look.
- Westport Classic – To create a lovely seating area, we added a front porch with spindles for this home.
We haven’t done the math, but we’re pretty sure the possibilities are pretty much endless when it comes to all the customizing you can do with your Wayne home!
Curious about how you can take one of our stunning elevations and make it even better? We want to help — get in touch today!
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 40 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.