Lighting sets the tone of your home, so it’s wise to pay attention to lighting trends to see how each might work in different rooms. Gone are the days of matchy-matchy lighting packages–that “builder grade” look. We like to think we are setting a new standard for included features.
Our included lighting fixtures from Kichler feature a classic nickel finish. Here is a list of our included lights:
- Foyer: Kichler Telford
- Dining room: Kichler Wynberg
- Dinette/Breakfast room: Kichler Wynberg
- Kitchen Sink: Kichler Dover
- Baths: Kichler Dover
- Exterior: Kichler Chesapeake
The foyer light fixture is the first thing guests see when they walk into your home. Why not make it a grand statement? The Kichler Telford lends a classic look, but as a custom builder, you have the freedom to select whichever upgraded fixture you prefer. Whether that’s modern, rustic, craftsman, antique, or anything in between!
Some high-end lights featured in our model homes include:
- Kichler Evan Chandelier – Featured in our Pittsburgh Franklin Legacy, Hartland Kinston Homestead II, and Bowling Green Alexandria Legacy Models, the Kichler Evan chandelier is a statement piece that will wow your guests.
- Kichler Brinley pendants are popular over kitchen islands among our customers to lending task lighting for cooking and meal prep, while also supplying high style to the space.
When selecting and placing lighting in your dining room, remember that there should be between 30-36 inches between your dining room table and the bottom of the fixture. The size depends on the size of your table–follow the half to two-thirds rule for a size ratio that makes visual sense.
For kitchen island lighting, the general guideline is to hang a pendant approximately 30 inches from the top of your countertop to the bottom of your pendant lighting fixture.
Always consider form and function when choosing lighting for a space. While some rooms demand functional lighting, like a kitchen or laundry room, other rooms can be purely for looks. Try a beaded chandelier in the bedroom, or a modern sputnik chandelier in the living room. You’ll love the custom style it brings to your home.
Here’s a bright idea…if you have specific lighting questions, contact us! We’re always happy to help.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer 50 fully customizable floor plans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.