We’re more than halfway through 2021, and for interior designers eyes are already on 2022. If you like to be ahead of home trends, then we have what you need to start your new home Pinterest boards updated for what’s next.
Every year, Sherwin-Williams releases their color picks for the next year. These colors can really set the tone for interior design. For example, this year the 2021 SW Color of the Year was Urbane Bronze, and it has become one of our most popular paint colors. It’s so popular, it’s also part of the 2022 Color Forecast, as part of the Method color palette. You can see this shade featured in the Columbia model home’s den.
The 2022 Sherwin-Williams Color Forecast reveals four new color palettes that you can use to make mixing up colors easy.
- Method: This palette’s earthiness and rich warmth—with its sepia softness—balance the lush refinement of art deco silhouettes on the radical raw edge of 1980s postmodernism.
- Opus: This palette of dusky deep tones and unexpected accents was created to be a new kind of classical, to set drama and emotion to the art of good style, and to never, ever fade into the background.
- Dreamland: Set yourself adrift in a fantasy realm of pearlescent tones, new-growth greens, and lavish pinks, and tend to a space where fresh ideas flourish.
- Ephemera: This palette is a play on primary color—an evolution of bygone basics from fleetingly familiar to forever loved. Each shade is carefully chosen to evoke the fond remembrance of what once was and the unwavering optimism of what could someday be.
Wondering how you can incorporate this newest crop of colors into your interior design? Take some cues from our homes:
- Rose from the Dreamland palette is featured in our Hampton Model girl’s room.
- Alabaster from the Ephemera palette is a perennial favorite for both interior and exterior applications. An off-white that’s crisp without being harsh.
- One of our included paint colors, Agreeable Gray, is complementary to all of these palettes, and you can use the Sherwin-Williams Visualizer tool to see how you can mix included paint colors with accent walls with bolder upgraded paint shades.
We know there are a ton of colors to choose from, so when you’re ready to pick your colors, try these tips to help narrow down your choices:
- Visit your closet for inspiration. What colors do you wear?
- Use colors from happy memories–for example, the sunny yellow from your grandma’s house.
- Envision the feeling you want, and follow that tone. Calming vibes? Try a gray-blue. Fresh, energetic feeling? An organic green or vibrant orange-based color will do the trick.
- Seek inspiration–start with our paint Pinterest board.
- Put paint samples right on the wall. The angle of the light will show you its truest color, instead of on the floor or in your hand.
When you’re ready to discuss your new home and all the fun paint colors you love, it’s time to reach out to us! We can’t wait to discuss all the possibilities.
About Wayne Homes
Wayne Homes is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 50 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.